Reuters Live Feed: Texas Fertilizer Plant Explosion
|Specific emergencies||2013 Fertilizer Plant Explosion in the City of West Texas|
|Area(s) covered||West (TX), Texas|
An explosion tore through a fertilizer plant and leveled dozens of homes in a small Texas town late on Wednesday, killing up to 15 people, injuring more than 160 and spewing toxic fumes that forced the evacuation of half the community.
- West is located about 20 miles north of Waco and 80 miles south of Dallas.
- Blast was so strong that it registered as a magnitude 2.1 seismic tremor.
- 50 to 75 homes were damaged by the explosion and a fire that followed.
- A nearby 50-unit apartment complex had been reduced to "a skeleton standing up." - Texas Public Safety Department spokesman D.L. Wilson said
- 133 people had been evacuated from the nursing home, which was heavily damaged, spokesman D.L. Wilson said
- Three hospitals in Waco and Dallas receiving the bulk of patients treating more than 160 injuries combined.
- Hotline number to get more information or to find love ones in West, TX: 254-202-1100
Facts about "Reuters Live Feed: Texas Fertilizer Plant Explosion"
|Area covered||West (TX) + and Texas +|
|City||West (TX) +|
|Emergency||2013 Fertilizer Plant Explosion in the City of West Texas +|
|Resource sub-type||News +|
|Resource type||News +|
|Sorting Parameter||Texas +|
|URLThis property is a special property in this wiki.||http://live.reuters.com/Event/Texas_fertilizer_plant_explosion_2 +|